Is your JioFi portable broadband device having a slow internet connection? Despite the good signal reception, you are still having a hard time getting a stable internet access. If that is the case, your JioFi device must have a lot of connected users at the moment. If you do not want other users to access your JioFi Wi-Fi internet connection then you should change your password. Here is how you could change JioFi password.
Note: If you have forgotten your router password then don’t need to change it you can recover your router password very easily. Read How to Recover Router Password (Step by Step).
Change JioFi Password
This method is specifically for the JioFi 3 version. If you are currently using other versions, there might be some slight differences with the interface. But overall, it is pretty much straightforward. Also, be reminded and keep in mind that you should follow the steps carefully or you might end up losing all access to the JioFi Wi-Fi.
- First thing is to make sure your JioFi broadband device is turned on. Then see if you are already connected to its Wi-Fi signal. As a default, the name of the Wi-Fi connection and the password to access the Wi-Fi is written at the back of the device. So if just in case this is your first time to access personally your JioFi broadband device, see the sticker on the back and note the necessary details.
- As soon as you are connected to the JioFi Wi-Fi access, open your web browser. If you are using a smartphone, laptop, or a PC, it’s pretty much the same.
- On the web browser of your choice, type the address http://192.168.1.1 and enter.
- A login prompt will appear and all you need are the details that were written on the back sticker of the JioFi device. Or you can just type administrator for username and administrator for the password.
- As soon as you entered those login details, a new user interface will appear. Look for the Wi-Fi Configuration and click on it.
- You may change JioFi password now. Look for the Password and type a new one on the blank area. This is an important step to make sure that you are using a password that is both easy for you to understand and hard for others to guess. And if you are planning to save a copy of your new password, make sure that you keep it in a safe place that is inaccessible to other people.
- Click “Save” when you are done.
Another way to add more security for your Wi-Fi broadcast is to change the default name to your own customized name. You can name it after you or just anything to make it more personalized. This will make hacking for other people and some known Wi-Fi hacking app a bit more difficult. Here is how to do it.
- Enter again on your web browser the http://192.168.1.1 and wait for the login to appear.
- Enter the login details the same as when you changed the Wi-Fi password.
- Go to the Wi-Fi Configuration.
- This time look for the Network Name (SSID) and type your preferred new name for your Wi-Fi network.
- Click “Save” After you are done.
Please be reminded again that you must use a password combination that is easy for you to remember and hard for others to guess. And if possible, change your Wi-Fi password at least once a month if you decided to share the password with other people such as your neighbors. This will keep the connection better for you and you will have less traffic on your network.
Other Articles: The Fear That Dwells Under Dark Bridges
If this article helps you, please share this to your social network and tell your friends about us. If you have ideas you want to share with us or just want to say something, leave a comment down below and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible.